Applying to the Nursing Program is a self-managed process, placing the responsibility on the applicant to collect and return all required components (including transcripts and references) in a single large envelope with the application. This assures the applicant that the application and all other required components will be received together and the application process is complete.
- Applicants will be notified by federal mail if the entire application packet is received complete by the application deadline.
- Applications received or become complete after the deadline will be considered only if space is available and there is sufficient time for processing the application.
- All deadlines are postmark dates.
Admission is competitive and preference is given to students with a higher grade point average (GPA). Computation of the GPA is based only on prerequisite and other courses required for the nursing program. A grade of D or F in any required course is not acceptable. Applicants must present a minimum academic GPA of 2.5 or higher for consideration. Applicants with an academic GPA below the minimum will not be reviewed.
Application Procedures Checklist
Applications are completed and ready for submission when they include the following:
- Completed, signed and dated Application for Admission form with Student Essay - Fill out the application completely and legibly.
- The application fee (non-refundable) payable by check or money order to Danville Regional Medical Center School of Health Professions
- Official High School transcript or GED test results - Contact your high school/other school to request an official transcript, or official copy of your GED certificate, if applicable. Have the transcripts sent directly to you in a sealed envelope (DO NOT OPEN). Include the unopened official transcripts in your packet. Do not have the transcripts sent directly to DRMC Nursing Program.
- Official college transcript(s) - Official transcript from all colleges and universities attended are required including coursework taken as high school dual enrollment credit, non-degree-seeking credit, or coursework taken and transferred to another institution. Contact each school you have attended to request an official transcript. Have the transcripts sent directly to you in a sealed envelope (DO NOT OPEN). Include the unopened official transcripts in your packet. Contents of transcript envelopes that have been opened are considered unofficial and will be disqualified. Do not have the transcripts sent directly to the DRMC Nursing Program.
- Three completed Reccomendation Forms (professional or academic) Each person serving as a reference must complete the form, place it in an envelope, seal the envelope, sign across the back flap, and return the sealed envelope to you (DO NOT OPEN). Include these sealed envelopes in your packet.
- Signed Essential Function Form
- APPLICATION DEADLINE is March 15 (postmarked)
Note: A personal interview with the Admissions Committee will be scheduled for applicants who meet all the preadmission requirements.
Admission is on a competitive basis; however, Danville Regional Medical Center School of Health Professions Nursing Program reserves the right to select those applicants who seem best qualified for the study of nursing. The information contained in this packet/catalog is informational only and not intended to be contractual in nature. We reserve the right to change or alter any statements herein without prior notice.
Nursing Program Links
- Academic Calendar
- Eligibility for Licensure
- LPN-RN Track
- Public Disclosure
- Gainful Employment Disclosures
- Nursing Alumni
School of Health Professions