Mission & Goals
It is our mission to provide healthcare excellence close to home by educating caring, competent, entry level health care Professions with eligibility to take program-specific licensure/certification examinations.
Goal #1: To provide students with sound problem solving and critical thinking skills necessary to function effectively in the clinical environment.
- Students will determine the need to modify standard procedures to accommodate patient condition and other variables
- Graduates will demonstrate effective critical thinking skills
Goal #2: To provide an education that promotes compassion, ethical behavior and professionalism in the healthcare setting.
- Students/Graduates will demonstrate the ability to behave in a compassionate manner
- Students/Graduates will demonstrate positive ethical and professional behavior
- Graduates will have become members of a professional organization
- Graduates will be seeking completion of advanced certifications/degrees
Goal #3: To provide students with the skills required to become clinically competent and prepared to meet the entry level expectations of their employers.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to provide quality patient care
- Students will demonstrate proper positioning skills
- Students will apply the principles of radiation protection to patient, self and others
- Students will correctly make changes to technical factors to compensate for pathology, body habitus and other conditions
- Students can recognize emergency patient conditions and initiate appropriate treatments
Goal #4: To provide students with the ability to demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Students will communicate effectively with the patient prior and during procedure
- Graduates will demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
Goal #5: To meet the need for certified radiographers in the community.
- Graduates are satisfied with the program
- The program will graduate 75% of the students initially enrolled
- Graduates will pass the ARRT exam on 1st attempt
- Graduates will be employed within 6 months if seeking entry-level employment
- Of the surveys returned, Employers will be satisfied with the program
Radiologic Technology Program Links
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Policies
- Admission Requirements
- Consumer Disclosures: Graduation-Certification-Placement
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Faculty & Staff
- Gainful Employment Radiologic Technology Program Disclosures
- Graduate Certification
- Health & Immunizations
- Library Services
- Mission, Goals & Learning Outcomes
- Pregnancy Policy
- Program Catalog
- Radiologic Technology Fees
- Radiology Textbooks
- Recommendation Form
- Student Services
- State Licensure
School of Health Professions